Thursday, April 11, 2013

The past week has been spent brain storming and scheduling for my thesis idea. After many failed attempts of coming up with an idea over the last couple months, I wound up going back to one of my original ideas. If approved in a couple of weeks, I will be spending the next year building on it and hopefully creating a beautiful series of images.

The basic idea of my thesis is to create a series of macro shots of lips with varying themes created with paint. Here is an example:
Note: this is not my image, I give full credit to the photographer, creative director, MUA and anyone else involved with creating this superb image.

Now I do not have a concrete path to which I will take this, as of yet. There is a possibility that there will also be an accompanying series of images of eyes as well to complete my idea. At this point, anything could happen. My initial thoughts are to create varying looks with influence from what is thought as beautiful in different parts of the world. I have brought together a great team to work with me including a model, assistant, and painter/MUA to help me bring my idea to life. We have a test shoot scheduled for this Sunday. I am very excited to see what comes of it and I will be eager to share the results with you all.

2 comments:

  1. Hey bud,

    Sounds like youve got a lot of ideas flowin!!! My suggestion is to bring interest to the image by maybe using political, religious and cultural connotations of the part of the world you are representing in each image. I feel like there is a LOT of work like this out there, but I know you can make it your own! Good luck and cant wait to see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I will definitely put that to good use.

    ReplyDelete