Sunday, May 5, 2013

This past week has been non stop work and fun. Starting the week off on a great note, I had the pleasure to assist none other than Dean Zulich on one of his photo shoots while he was in Seattle. He is an alumni of the Art Institute of Seattle and an amazing fashion photographer working out of the Los Angeles area. I knew he was in town and shooting so I decided to send him an email and let him know I was available if he needed an assistant. As luck would have it, he did need an assistant and was more than happy to have me help him on his shoot. It was a great learning experience working with a professional, and it gave me great insight into how he does his work and how to better myself. Below is an image from that day's shoot.
This was just the beginning of my week. After I was finished with my classes on Monday, I worked all week at Nordstrom's Studio N. This is where Nordstrom's does all of their online imagery and it is not only a great place to work at, but also a great place to meet with fellow photographers in the industry. You really get a good idea of how the industry really works and how the pros deal with day to day issues and deadlines. I headed into the weekend with a smile on my face with all that I have gotten to do during the week and was looking forward to my two planned shoots I had for Saturday. The first of which was somewhat of a last minute idea I had to just shoot some GQ inspired shots of a man in a suit. I used my Canon 5d Mark ii with a 70-200 2.8 and a 50 1.4. For lighting I used an Elinchrom Ranger Quadra Head lighting kit. Below is a few examples from that shoot.
As soon as I was finishing up this shoot, I was already having my next model in hair and make up getting ready for my next shoot. With the second shoot I wanted to go with just a nice girl in the city theme. I think we accomplished just that with what we shot. Below are a few examples from that shoot as well. 

 All in all I had a great week and I hope to continue the trend going into the new week.

No comments:

Post a Comment